Things to consider:
- There seems to be more paying work in doc filmmaking than in fiction filmmaking.
- Consider trimming your feature down--it may work better that way.
- Posting online may affect its possibility of being widely distributed.
- Wear lots of hats; learn to do one or more thing in the business.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Are people's attention spans shortening or are they just more hungry for solid content?
- How do you feel about posting your shorts for free?
- Who would want to watch this film?
- What's the film's niche market?
Thursday's panel is on the business of documentary--how to distribute your independent work in the world of mass media. Moderated by Chris White. 2pm at the Crystal Theatre.
Photo by Cathrine Walters